Profit Picture® creates a fundamental cultural change in the way companies use the knowledge they have available to them. Real-time, actionable information can create greater peace of mind when running a company with many day-to-day distractions competing for your attention.
Looking at the stair step graphic below, you, the business owner, face challenges trying to grow your company. At some point in the future, transition will occur. Too frequently, the transition out of your company is unplanned; the desired outcome would be retirement on your terms.
Once you have a good understanding of the desired future value your company must bring to help you support your inflation-adjusted lifestyle expenses for the remainder of your life, you’ll be able to appreciate the value of knowing how you are progressing toward that goal.
Profit Picture is a tool we developed to visually give you a progress report in 10 seconds or less on data of the previous day. Can you imagine the difference that would make if you had these insights available daily instead of the end of the month or quarter? Available, reliable and timely visual dashboards give one a far greater feeling of control. It is similar to piloting an airplane, with all those navigation aids. We have it today in cars, be it either Google maps, Waze or some other accurate and timely information resource.
With Profit Picture, Visual Intelligence Guides ACTion!
- Responsible parties see operational performance that impact your financials
- Transparency empowers people to take action.
- Tool to help you recognize and appreciate what people are doing well.
- Helps you ask more intelligent questions in real-time. You can drill down and forward emails directly from the dashboard to find the back-up data behind the picture.
- No costly new implementation, training, etc. It’s an overlay on top of your existing systems.
- Pulls data from a variety of data sources.
- Built by business people not by IT. Gives you the information you need to make a decision.
- Most measurement systems provide a snapshot of where you were when they grabbed the data. With PP, you can see movement over time and filter it by product line, by region or by people. Trends give you a better idea of what’s going on.
- Trends help you tell the story of what you want to measure and what’s actually taking place.
- PP is a visualization tool that helps non-financial employees sees what’s going on right from their mobile devices. It helps the CFO communicate the story behind the numbers.
- Wouldn’t you like to know what happened yesterday instead of waiting till after the end of the quarter?
- Get ahead of a problem before it’s too late. Bad news does not get better with time.
- Improve the process by having more information at your fingertips.
It allows your company’s data to jump off the page, informing you of opportunities and pitfalls. Don’t let knowledge hide in a sea of data in inefficient and ineffective spreadsheets.
One of the features and benefits is visibility. The graphics are readable without a training manual. See www.profitpicture.net/takealook for sample videos of how they work.
Revenue to Profit:
- The backlog section of this dashboard is broken down into simple blocks of information. Clicking on the visual allows you to drill down to the underlying data. You can send a fellow user links for further action or discussion. Being able to see the specifics creates transparency and accountability in an organization where it may not have been before. No place to hide.
- Flexibility: The visuals start with the broad picture; you can then drill down as deep as you want by changing the filters or going down to each job or project in the works. You can look at the data from multiple angles. The data building each visual is pulled from a variety of data sources which makes this system more robust than others on the market.
- Sales team: Your team will love the time line for new business reports customized for their specific data points. They simply point and click to see where they area. No expensive staff time needed to generate sales progress. More reliable, real time information.
- Red Flag: This report puts everyone on notice! It raises accountability and helps minimize the potential for losses.
- Gross Margin Trends: This is a great one for slicing and dicing your data. Find the most profitable client and sector. You are able to focus on the “why” once you know the “who.”
Those who embrace the power of Profit Picture are better equipped to identify performance results, thereby helping to improve your profits. Improving profits is a positive in ultimately contributing to an enhanced future value of the firm. Being able to document your results gives potential acquirers greater confidence as to the validity of your numbers.
In the merger and acquisition world there’s a saying we believe is true:
“In God we trust, all others bring data.”